Solutions for shared autonomous mobility
Within Transdev Autonomous Transport Systems, we are developing global solutions to support transport operators in the operation of autonomous vehicles within their networks.
We provide technologies, such as an agnostic monitoring platform, and services, such as preparation of operational procedures, support, assistance.
Transdev Autonomous Transport Systems provides technologies and services to mobility operators and cities to deploy and manage daily autonomous mobility services. We combine the best of humans and artificial intelligence to provide technologies and services:
- Autonomous Vehicles Supervision technology providing fleet management, system monitoring & customer relationship;
- Before operation, integration and set-up services covering all phases from exploration, service/system design, preparation, to set-up and tests;
- During operation, data-driven technical support such as assistance, learning and consulting empowered by Data Plus Supervision.
Our R&D projects
We set up various projects to test and validate our technologies and constantly improve our services.
To this end, we operate various vehicles in addition to public and collective means of transport. This is the case with the Rouen Autonomous Lab and Paris-Saclay Autonomous Lab projects, where we are conducting our experiments.
Rouen Normandy Autonomous Lab
Experimentation with shuttle services and autonomous cars such as Collective Public Transport in the city center, urban and peri-urban areas
- Piloting: Transdev and Renault in partnership with the Rouen Normandy Metropolis
- Geographic extension: Rouen Normandy Metropolis
- Key points of the project: The aim is to continue the Rouen Normandy Lab project, with the experimentation of 3 autonomous and electric mobility services, such as Collective Public Transport on the territory of the Rouen Normandy Metropolis, attached to the developement of the intelligent mobility for all, with:
- Autonomous shuttles in peri-urban areas within the Madrillet district in addition to a bus line between a terminus tramway and BHNS terminus (T4);
- On-demand, electric, autonomous and shared cars for service to Rouen city center, with fixed stopping points.
Paris-Saclay Autonomous Lab
Transdev and Renault, in partnership with the Paris-Saclay Public Establishment, the Paris-Saclay Urban Community and Ile-de-France Mobilty
- Piloting: Transdev and Renault in partnership with the Paris-Saclay
- Géographic extension: Massy station, Saclay plateau, Paris-Saclay urban campus
- Key points of the project: the aim is to continue the Paris-Saclay Autonomous Lab project, with the experimentation of 3 new autonomous and electric mobilty services, such as Collective Public Transport and Private Public Transport shared on peri-urban territory, innovative and growing Paris-Saclay with:
- Autonomous shuttle on the Public Transport on own Site (TCSP) track in addition to the High Service Level Buses (BHNS), for a night service, from and to the Massy RER station;
- Autonomous shuttles for an on-demand feeder system, to bus services in a longer perspective;
- On-demand, electric, autonomous ans shared cars such as private public transport (shared VTC type) accessible via a smartphone application. The proposed meeting points serve the Saclay campuses over 5km².
The i-Cristal autonomous electric shuttle
Transdev is also providing the i-Cristal autonomous electric shuttle, with a maximum capacity of 16 passengers, developed as part of an industrial partnership with Lohr Group and Torc Robotics.
Thanks to this shuttle, Transdev Autonomous Transport Systems can develop and validate its technologies and services more quickly.
01 Transportation Technology by Transdev is integrated into the i-Cristal to fit smoothly and safely into urban traffic
02 Different types of sensors provide the vehicle with a 360° perception
03 The shuttle is accessible to people with reduced mobility (PMR) thanks to its low floor and access ramp