From January 1, 2024, Transdev will operate Kicéo, the urban transport network of Golfe du Morbihan - Vannes agglomération for a period of 8 years via its subsidiary Transdev GMVA Mobilités. The contract is worth 14.1 million euros per year.
The announcement was made at the community council meeting held on Thursday June 29, 2023.
In addition to the competitive economic offer, the community selected Transdev’s ambitions in terms of innovation, listening, consultation, proximity and support towards a dynamic and modernized network, in favor of the energy transition.
Already involved in mobility in the region via its subsidiary Transdev CAT, we are positioning ourselves as a federator and coordinator of all mobility on the Kicéo network.
Transdev 2024 / 2031 modernization commitments
On January 1, 2024, the fleet will comprise 59 buses, 2 minibuses, 8 coaches, 11 diesel-powered 9-seater vehicles and 13 electric buses. The fleet will gradually grow to 45 electric buses by December 31, 2031.
Transdev commits to:
- A smooth transition for staff, with a calmer social dialogue;
- An organization certified as “committed to CSR” (ISO 26000), which will contribute to a better quality of life at work and fit in perfectly with the local authority’s virtuous ambitions;
- Monitoring and transparency of exchanges with the local authority throughout the contract, thanks to new digital tools;
- Support, expertise and proposals for network development:
- A new morning service offering, in connection with train departures from Vannes station;
- A “land” service on the Île d’Arz, connecting with sea crossings;
- A new ticketing system compatible with KorriGo;
- In 2025: a new Operations Support and Passenger Information System and the creation of a control center;
- And throughout the contract, studies related to the optimization of school routes, line travel times and the restructuring of the transport offer.
- Energy transition, with new electric vehicles and eco-driving training for all drivers.
- Recruitment: in addition to taking on all current employees, Transdev will be recruiting male and female drivers between now and January 2024.
We are delighted with the confidence GMVA has shown in us by awarding us this contract to operate urban transport for Golfe du Morbihan - Vannes agglomération, convinced by our competitive and adapted offer.
David Daublain, Director of Transdev GMVA Mobilités
By 2031, Kicéo will represent some 3.6 million annual kilometers and more than 10 million passengers carried in the last year of the contract.
Our ambition: an increase in ridership of +30% between 2019 and 2031 and commercial revenues of 5.7 million euros by the end of the concession.
Upcoming Kicéo innovations
- First quarter 2024: new website
- April 2024: introduction of line 26 linking Theix Centre to Château de Suscinio
- September 2024: new “Avantbus” service to Vannes railway station early in the morning
- September 2024: new contactless KorriGo-compatible ticketing system