- Start date of concession: 8 December 2013
- Concession period: 10 years
- Concession end date: End of 2023 service year
Special characteristics of tender
- This was the third tender for this region. As the two previous requests for tender were unsuccessful, Connexxion now operates under a one-year transitional concession until 8 December.
- Connexxion submitted the tender through Regio IJsselmond NV, a regional company in IJsselmuiden specifically created for this concession. Its director is Juul van Hout.
- Routes and timetables for the new concession are based on the current transportation network and tailored to the new railway line between Lelystad and Zwolle, which opened last year.
- During the concession, the transport network will be further developed by a development team representing the provinces and municipalities. OV Regio IJsselmond will make an additional contribution here by providing knowledge about the development of the OV-chipkaart (the public transport chip card) and multimodal transport services.
- OV Regio IJsselmond will be investing more comfort for travellers. This will include new comfortable buses with free Wi-Fi and USB connections, as well as providing AEDs on a number of vehicles.
- It has been decided to deploy twenty existing buses to ensure flexibility in responding to future developments.
- The new vehicles will be painted blue, which is the brand colour of both contract-awarding parties, the provinces of Flevoland and Overijssel.
- A service shop will be set up at a public transport hub still to be determined.
- OV Regio IJsselmond offers a range of customised services, such as post-paid travelling and travel bundles, which can be bought from our online shop.
- We’re making it easier for passengers to plan their journey by providing innovative travel information, such as 50 new flexPapers (up-to-date information on stops in electronic format) and theOVerstApp (a smartphone app with updates on transferring between lines).
A subsidiary of Caisse des Dépôts and Veolia Environnement, Transdev is one of the world’s leading public transport companies.
Transdev advises and assists local authorities, from pre-project to daily operations of public transport systems to project management. With 95,000 employees in 21 countries, the company operates 48,000 vehicles and 23 tram networks. Transdev generated revenues of 7.9 billion euros in 2012.