The Tramway: multiple advantages
As a world leader in the operation of tramway networks, we are engaged in the renewal of city centres and regional development.
- The city-centre is evolving: tramways, both quiet and environmentally friendly, free streets from car traffic; they allow for the development of new economic hubs and the extension of pedestrian areas while contributing to the beautification of central districts.
- Networks come together and grow: the tramway is a central link in regional transport services: a multitude of modes are organised around its connection hubs, offering passengers freedom of movement on a daily basis
The tramway in six words: ecological, rapid, frequent, comfortable, safe, reliable
Transdev: a partner in everything from operation to maintenance
- project management: from the design to the realisation of a public transport project (providing support or project supervision);
- mobility studies: upstream of mobility projects, to justify and design projects for local authorities and urban transport authorities;
- systems, maintenance & operations: multi-disciplinary, technical expertise to ensure the feasibility, sustainability and operability of projects;
- advisory services & project management: methods and tools to structure and pilot projects while respecting performance objectives, timeframes and costs.
Tram-train: pioneers in France!
We designed the first interconnected tram-train in France in Mulhouse.
The Result? A tramway that crosses over a partly pre-existing railway line now carries more than three million passengers per year.
Seamless travel in Nantes
Nantes has relied on our expertise for more than 25 years to extend and maintain its tramway network. We continue to confront new challenges in sustainable mobility for Nantes residents and we have recently supported the city in the implementation of its multimodal network.
In Barcelona, technical excellence
Since 2000, Barcelona has called on Transdev to launch two tramway projects. This ambitious challenge, with important technical constraints, allowed us to demonstrate our expertise.
In Lyons, an inventive tram-train approach
In order to improve transportation between the centre of Lyons and the airport, we designed a tram-train that helped optimise the use of the existing railway lines. The Result? Only 7 out of the 22 kilometres of the line had to be developed!