Thierry Mallet, CEO of Transdev Group is joining other global leaders in industry, academia and public sector form worldwide consortium to formulate and advocate for policy solutions that can optimize emission reductions, safety, security, economic growth, and access using new technology and business models.
Mobility is not just about moving around, it’s about connecting (with) people, about accessing your local resources more easily. The Commission, with its broad focus, is bringing together an unprecedented group of leaders in this space to focus not on our individual elements, but to consider how do we truly improve daily mobility for the common good.
Thierry Mallet, Chairman and CEO of Transdev Group
The Commissioners are composed by CEOs, leaders from top-tier OEMs, academia and the public sector :
- Jared Cohon, President Emeritus, Carnegie Mellon University (Commission Co-Chair) and Chair of the Board on Energy and Environmental Systems of the National Academies of Science, Engineering and Medicine;
- Jim Hackett, Senior Advisor and Former President and CEO, Ford Motor Company (Commission Co-Chair);
- Thierry Mallet, Chairman and CEO of Transdev Group (Commission Co-Chair);
- Jason Grumet, Founder and President of the Bipartisan Policy Center;
- Richard Kramer, Chairman, CEO and President of the Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company;
- Steve Mollenkopf, CEO of Qualcomm Incorporated;
- José Muñoz, Global COO, Hyundai Motor Company/President and CEO, Hyundai Motor North America and Hyundai Motor America.
- Frederick W. Smith, Chairman and CEO of FedEx Corp.; and
- Cox Automotive.
The mission of the Commission is “to reshape transportation policy in favor of exponential outcomes for consumer safety, global opportunity and infrastructure resiliency. It will encourage and harness the benefits created by an interconnected transportation system.” New data and methodologies will be used to drive innovative policy across five areas :
- a cleaner environment,
- enhanced security,
- economic opportunity,