A specially designed facemask featuring all the colors of Transdev’s bus services across the North is going on sale for just £2.50 – with all the proceeds going to NHS Charities Together, supporting NHS staff and volunteers caring for COVID-19 patients nationwide.
Transdev is also giving away 250 of the colorful masks to key workers who’ve been riding its buses to get to work throughout the lockdown – to claim, email: firstname.lastname@example.org with either your bus pass number, or the email address registered to your mobile ticket account.
The latest government guidance is a simple ‘ask’ of our customers, so everyone can travel with peace of mind. We’ve always set out to make our buses places people want to be seen, and the same unique touch of style we’ve become famous for has gone into creating unique face coverings, which will be available to our customers from today at our bus stations in Yorkshire and Lancashire.
Alex Hornby, Transdev UK CEO
A two-minute video, filmed on location in the North of England, is also helping to dispel any customer concerns about using buses now that lockdown restrictions have begun to ease. Transdev’s new film, titled “See from the Eyes of a Customer – We’re Clean, Safe and Ready To Go” is now live online.
The Uk government has also given guidance on who does not have to wear a facmasks on public transportation, this include:
- Babies and children under 11 years old
- People with breathing difficulties
- Those with some physical, mental or sensory conditions who would not be able to put on a covering or may not understand the need to wear one, or who would be impaired by a covering, including those who rely on lip reading
- Caretakers travelling with someone who would find communication with a face covering in place difficult
- Any customers on dedicated school bus services
Complete information on how to plan a journey, including how Transdev’s websites and mobile app can help customers check how busy a bus is before setting out, is available online at: https://www.transdevbus.co.uk and on the easy to use “TransdevGo” mobile app. Friendly drivers and customer information teams are also ready to help with any questions at bus stations and key city center stops, and on social media.