These days our employees are managing and juggling even more than they regularly do. And, yet still many of our employees are still finding the time to look out for one another and help those in need in their communities.
In honor of Volunteer Week, here is a sampling of what some of the employees in our San Francisco operations are doing to help out their community, on their own time, during this unprecedented coronavirus outbreak.
- A dispatcher volunteers with Second Harvest Food Bank in San Bruno.
- A reservationist takes food every night to a man that sleeps outside a gas station. She even got him into a motel room for several nights when it was storming.
- Several of our drivers volunteered to transport persons who are being taken to test sites or from test sites to shelter in place locations.
- One driver calls his Group passengers to check on them every day as they remain at home and the group agency is shut down.
- One driver goes through her neighborhood passing out lunch bags of food to the homeless.
- One driver checks on local seniors and goes to the grocery store for them.
- One driver volunteers by assisting to deliver food to seniors on their own time.
Learning about these employees’ selfless acts reaffirms how fortunate Transdev is to have such dedicated and committed employees as part of our teams.
We thank all our employees around the world for what you are doing and what you are sacrificing during our current crisis.