Transdev in the North of England is to compete in five categories in the UK bus industry’s biggest celebration of innovation and excellence.
The UK Bus Awards has celebrated the industry’s highest performers for 25 years, with over 450 awards presented in that time to winners throughout the country.
Having sifted through dozens of entries from bus firms across the United Kingdom, senior industry leaders on five expert judging panels have announced their shortlists for the 2022 Awards – and Transdev is in the running for five awards:
- Supporting the Customer Experience – for Transdev’s unique ‘Sky Class’ premium specification twin-deck buses, created with a £5.2 million investment in 19 British-built vehicles, now in service in Lancashire, Yorkshire, and Greater Manchester
- Culture Change – recognizing Transdev’s team communications, training, and development, including its 2022 recruitment drive through its network of four Academy centers across the region
- Marketing – for Transdev’s successful transformation of Team Pennine, which celebrated its first birthday in August, with a £2.5 million investment plus hard work from its 140 people based at Waterloo in Huddersfield and Elland, near Halifax delivering an impressive turnaround in performance for customers
- Partnering for Delivery – Transdev’s dynamic partnership with Harrogate BID, the Business Improvement District supporting local firms, to deliver free journeys on its Harrogate Electrics network on all four Jubilee Holiday days in June 2022. The collaboration, the latest of several partnerships with Harrogate’s business and enterprise leaders since March 2019, reduced traffic congestion while supporting the town’s retail and leisure businesses
- Buses For Pleasure – for ‘Greetings from Yorkshire’, Transdev’s strategic marketing campaign across its networks to turn its bus routes into desirable leisure products while boosting ticketing, visibility, and accessibility to skeptical car users and discretionary leisure travelers onto its buses.
I’m delighted that our talented people will take their place among the nation’s best at these prestigious awards, which recognize the innovation and pride in our teams as they deliver amazing customer service every day, right across the North. We continue to respond positively to the challenging times we are all going through, with our customers at the heart of our mission to create buses people are proud to be seen on. In the years ahead, we will invest millions of pounds in partnership with regional and local authorities to introduce the latest electric bus technology to our routes, bringing our vision to life with our signature style and attention to detail. Ultimately, we are a people-driven business. Over 1,300 colleagues make up our Transdev family and every single one of them plays an important role in delivering for our customers, every day. I’m looking forward to seeing their hard work recognized on the national stage.
Alex Hornby, Transdev UK CEO
This shortlist of finalists represents the skills and talents of the industry. It’s pleasing to see our first in-person awards ceremony since 2019 will once again recognize and reward excellence across the board to find the very best in the business. There will be some tough competition too. We have been challenged by the sheer strength and creativity of the entries, especially within the people categories, all of which our independent team of judges reported as outstanding. We can’t wait to bring the industry together once again to celebrate its successes, achievements, innovations, dedication and sheer brilliance.
Alan Millar, UK Bus Awards Chair
The UK Bus Awards winners will be announced at a presentation ceremony in London on Tuesday, 15 November 2022.
About the UK Bus Awards
The UK Bus Awards have been recognizing, rewarding, and inspiring the nation’s bus industry for 25 years. The Awards recognize excellence from across the industry, from individual achievements to projects delivering innovation and first-class customer experience.
The UK Bus Awards are independently judged by five expert panels, including senior industry stakeholders from diverse functions and a wide variety of organizations.