They’re the ultimate in complete, connected and comfortable travel, and they’re on their way to revolutionize journeys in the North West – with a little help from one of UK’s best-loved soap opera star.
Actress Jennie McAlpine is providing the voice to welcome customers on the all new Witchway express buses between East Lancashire and the heart of Manchester.
Transdev UK is investing £3.8 million in its new fleet of 14 stunning double deck vehicles, proudly built in Britain to Transdev’s all-new Sky Class specification, which offers the most sumptuous selection of high-end luxury features ever seen on Britain’s local buses.
The new buses entered service on Sunday, December 13 on the fast and frequent Witchway route linking Burnley and Rawtenstall with Manchester up to every 15 minutes – and TV soap star Jennie says they’re sure to be a hit!
These Witchway buses are amazing – there are so many features packed inside every bus, it’s just like flying first class, with all the luxury anyone could ever want to go in style. I’m so proud to be the warm Northern voice welcoming everyone on board these fantastic new buses, and hopefully making sure no-one misses their stop!
Jennie McAlpine, TV star in The UK
The Sky Class specification on the new Witchway buses brings new levels of comfort and sophistication to the popular Witchway service, run by Transdev subsidiary the Burnley Bus Company with its own dedicated team of friendly drivers.
On the outside, renowned public transport design agency Best Impressions has created a bold new image for Witchway based on its traditional colors of orange and black, and complete with a signature Pendle Witches icon to reflect East Lancashire’s pride in its past, present and future.
Meanwhile on the inside, a new world of Sky Class luxury awaits, including:
- High–comfort luxury seating, with leather head rests in Witchway’s signature orange
- A choice of traditional duo and individual lounge seating, offering extra choice, space and style
- Spacious group and twin tables – ideal for the family to enjoy the journey together or for easy, comfortable workspaces
- Double glazing with tinted glass for privacy, class and a more relaxing travel experience
- Wireless and USB mobile device charging at every seat
- Superfast and free Wi-Fi to stay connected every inch of the way
- Low emission engines – meeting and beating the toughest environmental standards
- Full color next stop displays showing live bus and rail connections at key calling points
- Witchway Book Club – with a great selection of reading books always at hand
- Contactless payments – swift and secure, with money-saving ticket options for everyone
- A glass ceiling to let in the Lancashire sunshine – and gaze at the stars when night falls
- The friendly voice of TV soap star Jennie McAlpine, announcing next stops and key information throughout the journey
We make it our mission to create buses that people want to be seen on. The new Witchway – and our new, unique Sky Class specification –raises the bar higher than ever in both comfort and style, all amounting to a journey experience like no other.
Already our customers and colleagues have described these amazing new buses as something more befitting what they would expect from a five-star hotel, which we know will complement the friendly welcome from our Witchway team that we’re already famous for.
We know people have a choice in how they travel, and we believe the new Sky Class features will attract many new faces to join the regulars who already use Witchway every day.
Alex Hornby, CEO of Transdev Blazefield
The new Witchway buses are based on the proven ADL E400MMC double decker, built in Britain by the country’s biggest and most successful bus manufacturer. The new fleet is expected to cover one million miles every year – and will be driven and maintained by an amazing team of 120 colleagues at the Burnley Bus Company’s Queensgate depot.
The Witchway route makes great connections with Transdev’s network of local and regional services at Burnley and Rawtenstall bus stations, and with bus, tram and rail services in Manchester city center. Full details of times and value fare options for day, week or longer travel on Witchway and the Transdev network are available online at: https://www.transdevbus.co.uk/witchway or on the free to download Transdev Go mobile app.